So you have a roommate in The Sims 4 game but he/she is only paying $25 while your house bill reaches $3000. You need a mod to make your roommate pays more!
Lucky you that mod have been created by LittleMsSam.
This mod helps you add roommate via phone to your house and makes the roommate pays $500 every Friday.
How to get Roommates
- Via the Computer or Phone under the Household Menu “LMS Roommates Service” (Potential Roommates need to be Homeless)
- Mind. Age is Toddler (so you can add Families as Roommates) Toddler cannot be added without Parents. The Game does not like that 😉
- You can also choose Pets as Roommates (same as Toddler. Will probably not work right without their Owners as Roommates too)
- You can pick up to 20 Roommates (tested with 4 Roommates in my Gameplay)
- They will arrive shortly after and will get automatically into the Roommate Situation
What Roommates do
- Well, first they are just Roommates and act like normal Sims
- They pay 500$ Rent every Friday
- They go to School or Work (if they have a real Job). They’ll not come back on their own after, you need to call them Home via Phone. Or you can add the Roommate Lot Trait to your Home Lot. With this added to your Home Roommates will come Home on their own after School/Work.
- When Roommates get pregnant while living with you a Notification will pop up informing you who got pregnant and who the other parent is. They will not be able to give birth while being your Roommate. You need to cancel the Roommate Aggreement and add them to your Household or give them a real Home so they can give Birth etc.
Traveling with Roommates
- You can travel with Roommates to Clubs or whatever. When coming back Home with them they will automatically get back into the Roommate Situation
New Pie Menu “Roommate” (on Roommate Sims)
- Go and use the toilet before you pee yourself. (Will give them a boost to use the toilet)
- You stink. Please go and take a shower. (Will give them a boost to take a shower/bath)
- It is late already. You should go to sleep. (Will give them a boost to go to sleep)
- Can you go and repair the broken Items please? (Will give them a boost to repair stuff)
- You are on cleaning duty! (Will give them a boost to clean up)
- Cancel Roommate Agreement
New Interactions on Objects
- Bed – Assign Bed to Roommate
- Door – Open Door for Roommate (Under Allow Access to when the Door is looked)
- Several Interactions regarding Pet Roommates (Pet Bowls, Pet Beds, Call Over on Pets themself)
Other new Interactions on Phones
- Call Roommate Home. For example after School/Work those NPCs will not come home on their own. You have to Call them back with this.
- Cancel Roommate Agreement.
How to get rid of Roommates
Via the Phone (under the Household Menu ) or via the TargetSim Menu “Cancel Roommate Agreement”
Important to know:
I recommend to favourite the Households Roomates are in so the Game won’t cull them.
It happend to me once that the Game or a Mod (like MCCC) moved my “Homeless” Roommates into empty Houses. If that happens the Mod won’t work right anymore because your Roommates need to be homeless. You have two Options then. Reload a Backup and change your Settings so no Mod or Game Setting will move Homeless Sims into empty Houses or cancel the Roommate Aggreements, move them out of their Home again to make them Homeless and then make them your Roommates again.